Google

Web V2-Forum.com

View Full Version : Roadmax Transmissions - Again!

bandana
13th December 2011, 14:23
It is starting to leak at the output shaft. Trying to get a jump on the repair by getting the bearing and seal numbers ahead of time rather than tearing it down and having to reverse engineer the bearing and seal numbers and wait to order and receive the parts (I ride all year long. Also, I can't afford a new transmission - I have to repair the old one). I know Dae Poong in Korea is still making them because they are still trying to sell them to companies and distributors world-wide from their factory and trading company, EC21. R-Max in California is no longer in business, EC21 will not respond to my e-mails, neither will Dae Poong since they could give a shit less about one lowly consumer. Does anybody know anyone out there who has detailed information about the tranny and has a universal parts number breakdown for its components? I know this is a long shot but I have to try. Thanks. Doug ....o~'o

Monsoon
13th December 2011, 14:47
Sorry I can't help out, but I hope it works out for you!

vman
13th December 2011, 16:10
Man I sure wish I knew of someone who could help ya man. Those are really junk trannies and are well known ffor it. They even had a class action suit against them. I would be very surprised even if you could find salvageable parts for it. But I do wish you a lot of real good luck. Mine went out at exactly 5k miles on my 05. My new tranny I paid $1500. Chrome and is very smooth. The old 1 was clunky and rough.

Orange Skullz
13th December 2011, 21:50
www.activespringtech.com

ask for Louis Wu

holesnipe
13th December 2011, 23:46
At one time Bikers Choice catalog had the Roadmax trans listed. Good luck in getting her back in order! Let us know how u make out then. There some parts that could be added to the AIH parts page for others to see.

Smitty
14th December 2011, 00:30
I have a picture and part numbers for the transmission. The seals are same number on both side and can be purchased at a Harley dealer. Part number 12067B. The beraings are different. Which bearing are you wanting? The number for the one by the belt sprocket is 15-028 and the one by the primary side is 10-033. The bearing part numbers are Roadmax numbers. Maybe you can cross them through a different manufacture or Harley. Hope this helps.

Smitty

Smitty
14th December 2011, 00:31
I would be happy to post the part numbers and picture I have from Roadmax if someone can tell me how to do it and where to post it.

Smitty

swifty
14th December 2011, 01:16
Smity If you have any info like that, You should get in touch with MC7. He could put that info to the best use. just my 2cts....swifty

Smitty
14th December 2011, 01:29
Be happy to.

Smitty

slammerzilla
14th December 2011, 01:35
saw a dam roadjunk trans for sale on EBAY 4 days ago for $400.00, but it's gone now..just looked

bandana
14th December 2011, 13:55
Smitty - Thanks for the info, man! It's a good start. Yeah, if you could get the info to MC7, maybe he could put it on line in the forum for me and others to use. If this does not work out, maybe you could e-mail it to me. I'll send you a private message with my e-mail address. Thanks again! "Bandana" Doug ....o~'o

plumb crazy
16th December 2011, 02:25
try Jireh cycles . best price on Ultima trans. Just about 3 or 4k on mine now though . but they have a lott of parts listed also. Mine had 4 gears damaged and a broken shift fork. the new trans was cheaper.

Skydiver
3rd January 2012, 23:43
If I were in your shoes and eventually I probably will be I would get one of these.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000135a~Z5Z5Z5DCPEB~ P559.95~~~~S3EF15Z92X50882421150g~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z5000 0123a

plumb crazy
4th January 2012, 03:07
That's what I put on mine . ( except right side drive version ) . Very happy with it so far .

Skydiver
5th January 2012, 00:01
How many miles on it so far?

vman
5th January 2012, 00:06
Thats pretty cheap for a 6 speed. Ironic tha place is only about an hr from me. I might buy 1 as a back up.

Skydiver
5th January 2012, 00:15
Ironic tha place is only about an hr from me.

Lucky you! They are known for being the absolute lowest price anywhere on Ultima products. I like a lot of their stuff, if I couldn't have and S&S engine their "El Bruto" engines are supposed to be pretty damn stout. :thumbup2

vman
5th January 2012, 00:43
I go down to festus all the time and I never stopped in their, I am going to have to stop in and see what they have.

vman
5th January 2012, 00:52
Wow they have a polished diamond cut 140ci motor for $5900... Thats reasonable

plumb crazy
6th January 2012, 14:03
About 5000. Still to early to tell but, so far so good.

vman
7th January 2012, 15:42
or call 954.943.0000 Home | Order Status | My Account | Help
No items in cart
Search:
Best Buys | Clearance | Free Shipping | Top Sellers

Shop by Part Air Cleaners / Carburetors
Apparel & Merchandise
Black Parts
Brakes
Clothing
DVDs
Drive Belts
Electrical Components
Engines
Exhaust / Pipes
Fenders
Floorboards and Pegs
Forward Controls
Frames / Rolling Chassis
Front Ends / Forks
Gas Tanks
Gauges , Speedos, Tachs and Instruments
Grips & Pegs
Handlebars and Hand Controls
Harley Davidson
Headlights
Helmets
Kickstands
Lights and Blinkers
Manuals and Books
Mirrors
Oil Tanks
Other Supplies
Primaries
Pulleys / Rotors
Risers
Seats
Shift Rods Linkage
Shocks
Sidemount License Plates
Tires
Transmissions
Turn Signals / Blinkers
Wheels / Rims
Shop By Bike Black Parts
Electrical Components
Fenders
Handlebars and Hand Controls
Harley Davidson
Helmets
Metric Motorcycles
Risers
Wheels / Rims
Misc Harley Davidson
Lights and Blinkers
Mirrors
Shop by Brand Accel
Arlen Ness
Avon
BDL
Big Growl
Biker's Choice
Clymer
Custom Chrome Inc.
Cycle Shack
DNA
Demon's Cycle
Drag Specialties
Dunlop
LaRosa
MidWest Motorcycle Supply
Mikuni
Panther Belts
Paughco
Performance Machine
RevTech
S&S
SAMSON Exhaust
Ultima
V-TWIN Manufacturing
Weld Racing Home >> Transmissions
6-Speed Right Side Drive Natural and Chrome Finish Transmission for Harley-Davidson

[ click for larger image ]

Item #: RSD 6-SPEED NATURAL TRANNY CABLE
Condition: New

Compare At: $3,049.95
Our Price: $744.99
Quantity:

DetailsAccessoriesShipping'6-Speed Overdrive'
Complete Right Side Drive Transmission Assembly

Latest 2011 year model.
We don't offer 2003-05 models as "new", like our competitors.
Right hand drive balances out 250-300 custom motorcycles.
This transmission will handle any of the high horsepower engines.

Cable operated clutch

2 year 20,000 mi warranty
Case is cast from 356-T6 aluminum
Chrome plated Forged Billet Trap Door
Pulley - 32 tooth
Gears mand shaft made from 8620 steel for durability
Pro-cut lead in ramps for positive shifting
Designed to use OEM style speedometer sensors
Roller detent for extra smooth shifting
Factory assembled
Built with German Made Split Main and Counter Shaft Bearings
NOT CHINESE
At last theres a solution that reduces vibration and improves acceleration. When the bike hits freeway speeds, simply shift into 6th gear and lower the cruising RPM. Freeway cruising becomes more enjoyable with reduced vibration, increased gas mileage while keeping the engine in the heart of its torque band. This 6-speed transmission is complete, and ready-to-install

Close ratio Tranny assembly.
1st gear -2.94
2nd gear -2.21
3rd gear -1.6
4th gear -1.23
5th gear -1.00
6th gear -0.86
Alowes to get about 5 mph more in the 1st gear, and around 450 rpms lower at the highway speeds.

Natural Aluminum Finish with Chrome

Fits Custom Harley-Davidson Style frames
and any right side drive custom application.

You can easily use this transmission for 2000-Up Twin Cam 6-speed conversion. Transmission body is different but the internal structure (gears) are the same, so you can swap the 6-speed gears with your original 5 speed gears and end up with 6-speed transmission on your bike and a 5-speed transmission that you can sell and cover your expenses making the whole swap virtually free.
So all you do is swap gears and resell the new case with used 5 speed gears.

Express Order Processing $1.95

2" Open Belt Polished Primary for Harley-Davidson $849.99 Compare At: $1,899.00

Chrome Primary for Harley Complete with Clutch $994.00

Ultima El Bruto 107ci Evolution-Style Engine for Harley-Davidson Natural Finish $4,144.99 Compare At: $6,836.28

RevTech 100" 4"x4" POLISHED Engine for Harley $3,994.99 Compare At: $5,999.99

Demon's 114ci Evolution-Style Engine for Harley-Davidson Black and Chrome Finish $4,244.99 Compare At: $6,836.28

Demon's 114ci Evolution-Style Engine Polished Finish $4,544.99 Compare At: $6,836.28

Select accessories and click 'add to cart'

Shipping Options and Rates
Enter your Zip Code and click Save to see shipping rates, or click to change the Country.Zip Code: [ Set ]
Address Type: Residential Note: We do not ship to P.O. Boxes or Military Bases (APO/FPO).
Quantity: 1

May we suggest...

6-Speed Right Side Drive Black Hydraulic Transmission for Harley-Davidson
Our Price: $844.99

6-Speed Right Side Drive High Polished Hydraulic Transmission for Harley

6 Speed High Polished Transmission for Harley
Our Price: $694.99

6-Speed Right Side Drive High Polished Transmission for Harley-Davidson
Our Price: $744.99

6-Speed Right Side Drive Natural and Chrome Finish Hydraulic Transmission for Harley-Davidson
About Demon's Cycle
• Demon's Cycle on Facebook

• Demon's Cycle Bike and Babes Photo Gallery

• Demon's TV Show

• Demon's Cycle Bike and Babes Video Gallery

• About Demon's Cycle Inc.

• Demon's Cycle Inc. In The Press

• Rolling Chassis and Bike Kits

• Motorcycles for Sale

• Chrome Rims and Wheels

• Our Customers Rides