Google

Web V2-Forum.com

View Full Version : AIH - Here's a FREE Connector to Connector Electrical Wiring Table

MC7
13th February 2011, 21:18
If you have questions, comments, or need more info or better examples please let me know.
MC7

Markgc
12th March 2011, 16:33
I would like to see one of these for my 2000 Ironhorse. I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere for her. Do any of you guys/gals know where to find one?

MC7
13th March 2011, 23:07
Hey Markgc,

If you can come up with or someone can send me the schematic, I'd be happy to make one of these for the 2000 model/year bikes.

Markgc
19th March 2011, 18:34
MC7,
Man I have been trying, I even talked with those guys in houston? I think it is, the dealership down there. They told me that a service manual does not even exist for my bike. they also told me that they only made a few of the classic SX models.:mad

I have been doing some research and found out it has deutsch connectors and pins, and went thru all the wiring on it. I would just like to have a wiring diagram for it just to have it.:cool

I ordered one of those Kuryakyn run/turn/brake modules and installed it the other day......man that thing is sweet! you guys probably have something similar on the later models. it makes your single element turn signals into running and brake lights with the 4 pulse brake light (flashes 4 times then stays on). :banana

hutch52
20th March 2011, 06:26
MC7,
Man I have been trying, I even talked with those guys in houston? I think it is, the dealership down there. They told me that a service manual does not even exist for my bike. they also told me that they only made a few of the classic SX models.:mad....................................... ....

I ordered one of those Kuryakyn run/turn/brake modules and installed it the other day......man that thing is sweet! you guys probably have something similar on the later models. it makes your single element turn signals into running and brake lights with the 4 pulse brake light (flashes 4 times then stays on). :banana

For these bike I think that's a good thing to have.................... some guys have posted on here that thev'e taken the modules off their bikes

MC7
20th March 2011, 12:41
Markgc -
Seeing as you are preparing to add a turn signal module, you must be comfortable with wiring and working on your bike.

Use the following list and let me know what is on your bike. Add anything I overlooked.

Front and rear lighting, including the headlight, turn /brake lights, and plate light.
Left and Right handlebar controls - what switches are on each
Speedo - what are all the lights (ex. l-turn, R-turn, Neutral, etc.)
Battery area - how many cables on each terminals (so I can understand power supplied to circuit breaker/starter AND grounding technique)
Circuit breaker and/or fuse panel(s)
Starter
Ignition coils (2)
Compression Releases (2)
Key Switch
Horn
Sensors and Switches - oil, rear brake, speedo, neutral, head temperature
All modules - power control, smart flash, etc.
Igniter

MC7
23rd March 2011, 11:31
Attached is a JPG of a table which shows the wiring flow for AIH Motorcycles from 2005 & up (see table for effectivity).
This table is a short cut to how things are connected to each other and what the funtion is for each wire on each connector.
It also shows the flow of voltage from source to destination which will be helpful when using a Volt-Ohm Meter (VOM) or test light to probe connector pins, switch contacts, etc. Used in conjunction with an appropriate schematic drawing should make things easier when troubleshooting electrical issues.

Links have also been included for accessing both a PDF of this table:
>>> GET THE PDF <<< (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8In2zyBmP0SODBkOWRmOGItM2ZjYS00NWI5LThjNzY tMTkxM2JiMmFiYTg1&hl=en&authkey=CP6Eg7II)
To download a PDF copy, go to link. After window opens, in upper left corner, just under "Google docs", click on:
"File" then "Download original".

as well as an Excel spreadsheet:
>>> GET THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET <<< (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AsIn2zyBmP0SdENvblhFeHJnM1lJZk9QX19qaXlOY 0E&hl=en&authkey=CPS_jpkO)
To download a spreadsheet copy, go to link. After window opens, in upper left corner, just under "Google docs", click on:
"File" then "Download as" and select desired file format.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i406/7MC7/MC7%20%20V2-Forum/Connectors_v007.jpg

This table includes wire color, purpose (functionality), and flow. See the table for information on the use of arrowheads (">" and "<") to denote the flow from connector to connector and from device to device. In a few instances, different wires with different colors are connected together, so in these instances there are multiple colors shown.

Here's an example on how to interpret the table:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i406/7MC7/MC7%20%20V2-Forum/Connectors_v007_view1.jpg

Connector half "40A" goes to the "Devices" which are the "Right Hand Control Switches" "Function". ("A" half always goes to the devices).
The other half "40B" comes from the "Harness". ("B" half always goes to the harness).

This connector has 6 pins. Note: In some connectors, the pin may exist in one half and be plugged in opposite half, or the connector pins may be absent (not populated) from the holes in the plastic connector shell. Also, some connectors (the three pin connectors and one two pin connector) do not have pin numbers, they are "A, "B", and "C" (or "A" and "B"), hence the inclusion of these letters in the heading's first three pins: "Pin 1 (or A)" etc.

Pin 1 -
The Harness side of the connector has an Orange wire with a White stripe, and has +12v on it coming from (< = sourced by) the RHC, pin # [26].
The Devices side of the connector carries the +12v through an Orange wire with a White stripe to (< = goes to) the Right hand control SWitches.
In summary, the RHC pin #26 feeds +12v to connector 40B/A and provides +12v power to all of the switches on the right handlebar.

I believe the information to be as accurate as it can be with the resources available. As always, use it knowing there could be errors; should you find errors, please advise so they can be corrected.

Hopefully, you will find this useful,